Blogging in the Business World
Today I am starting a blog to discuss how we can best build our Expert blogging community on CEOExpress.
The community will be made up of two groups. The first group are the official "Expert" Bloggers who will focus on a specific area of expertise. The second group are CEOExpress members at large.
With our new application demonstrated here, we will provide you with the ability to have your own blog and you can decide whether you want it to be public or private. If it is public it can be found directly on the web without having to go through CEOExpress.
These are the "expert" areas that have been suggested, and we are lining up some great experts.
- Revenue growth
- Daily legal issues in business
- Data Mining for customer growth
- CEO @ Home: Stress, schools, kids, retirement and more
- Human Resources: Hiring, benefits, health care cost control.
- Fraud and Identity Theft issues
- Social Networking and building and/or maximizing your network
- US Court decisions and their impact on us
- An 2008 Election Blog (or two?)
- A book discussion blog
- A travel discussion blog
The talent pool is deep and wide and I think we can build a powerful learning community. How about you? Interested in Blogging? Interested in accessing expertise? Read on...
So the first thing I am going to do is start this blog and get some feedback from you.
PS: not to worry, if you already have a blog, we will set up a system to link to it. You can incorporate your blog into the CEOExpressions page.
Let me know what would be most important to you.
- When you are at your desk or in your car everyday and think to yourself "I wish I had someone to ask (x)", who would that person be and what kind of answer would you be looking for?
- How would I use my own blog?
- Would you like an online tutorial about blogging basics and best practices?
I'd like your ideas, your concerns, you suggestions and your wisdom. I'll be posting all sorts of different things on the blog--rss feeds, video etc so that you can get a good sense of all the things you can accomplish (or not ;-) )on a blog.